1. ARMY OIL ANALYSIS PROGRAM (AOAP). For Active Army units, obtain samples from engine every 50 hours
of operation or 60 days, whichever comes first. Reserve and National Guard activities will use 50 hours or 120
days as the prescribed sample intervals. Reserve and National Guard equipment in frequent use during active
training period will adhere to the schedule for Active Army units. As a minimum, one sample from each unit's two
week active training period will be submitted for each item of equipment. Send oil samples as soon as they have
been taken to the nearest AOAP laboratory. Refer to TB 43-0210 for sampling instructions. When or if AOAP
laboratory support is unavailable, hard time intervals will apply.
2. FOR OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT IN PROTRACTED COLD TEMPERATURES BELOW -15 (-26 ).
Remove lubricants prescribed in Key for temperatures above -1 5 (-26 ). Relubricate with lubricants specified
in Key for temperatures below -15 (-26 ).
3. OIL CAN POINTS. Every 50 hours lubricate linkage pins, throttle and governor linkage, clevises, all exposed
adjusting threads, and leveling jacks with OE/HDO as needed.
4. CRANKCASE OIL LEVEL HOT OR COLD CHECK. Oil level should be at H (High) mark on dipstick if engine is
cold. If engine has been running, shut down engine and allow to sit five minutes before checking; oil level should
be between H (High) and L (Low) marks on dipstick.
LO 5-3820-205-1 2-1
OE/HDO 15140 may be used instead of OE/HDO 30 at +5 (-15 ) and above.
5. CRANKCASE. Change oil each time an engine oil change is directed by AOAP laboratory. When AOAP
laboratory support is not available, change oil every 100 hours. Drain when lubricant is warm.
6. ENGINE OIL FILTER. Replace filter element each time an engine oil change is directed by AOAP laboratory.
Fill new oil filters with clean oil and install. Fill crankcase, operate engine five minutes, and check for leaks. Shut
down engine, wait five minutes, check crankcase level and bring to H (High) mark. When AOAP laboratory
support is not available, install new oil filters every 100 hours.
7. CRANKCASE BREATHER. Disassemble crankcase breather and clean or replace element and gasket when oil
and filter are changed, or every 100 hours if hard time is used as a guideline.
8. ROLL CRUSHER GEARCASE. Every 10 hours check level. Change gear lubricant only when required by
maintenance repair action, contamination by water, or other foreign material. After refill, operate for five minutes,
check for leaks, and bring oil level to level plug opening.
9. WHEEL BEARINGS. Every 1000 hours remove wheels, clean and inspect all parts, replace damaged or worn
parts, repack wheel bearings, and assemble.
CARD 18 OF 19