1. ARMY OIL ANALYSIS PROGRAM (AOAP). For Active Army units, obtain samples from engine every 50 hours of operation or
60 days, whichever comes first. Reserve and National Guard activities will use 50 hours or 120 days as the prescribed sample
intervals. Reserve and National Guard equipment in frequent use during active training period will adhere to the schedule for Active
Army units. As a minimum, one sample from each unit's two week active training period will be submitted for each item of equipment.
Send oil samples as soon as they have been taken to the nearest AOAP laboratory. Refer to TB 43-0210 for sampling instructions.
When or if AOAP laboratory support is unavailable, hard time intervals will apply.
2. FOR OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT IN PROTRACTED COLD TEMPERATURES BELOW -15 (-26 C). Remove lubricants
prescribed in Key for temperatures above -15 (-26 C). Relubricate with lubricants specified in Key for temperatures below -15 (-
3. OIL CAN POINTS. Every 50 hours lubricate linkage pins, throttle and governor linkage, clevises, all exposed adjusting threads,
and leveling jacks with OE/HDO as needed.
4. CRANKCASE OIL LEVEL HOT OR COLD CHECK. Oil level should be at H (High) mark on dipstick if engine is cold. If engine
has been running, shut down engine and allow to sit five minutes before checking; oil level should be between H (High) and L (Low)
marks on dipstick.
OEIHDO 15140 may be used instead of OE/HDO 30 at +5 F (-15 C) and above.
5. CRANKCASE. Oil is to be changed each time an engine oil change is directed by AOAP laboratory. When AOAP laboratory
support is not available, change oil every 100 hours. Drain when lubricant is warm.
6. ENGINE OIL FILTER. Replace filter element each time an engine oil change is directed by AOAP laboratory. Fill new oil filters
with clean oil and install. Fill crankcase, operate engine five minutes, and check for leaks. Shut down engine, wait five minutes, check
crankcase level and bring to H (High) mark. When AOAP laboratory support is not available, install new filters every 100 hours.
7. CRANKCASE BREATHER. Disassemble crankcase breather and clean or replace element and gasket when oil and filter are
changed, or every 100 hours if hard time is used as a guideline.
8. GEAR HOUSING. Every 500 hours check level. Change gear lubricant only when required by maintenance repair action,
contamination by water, or other foreign material. After refill, operate for five minutes, check for leaks, and bring oil level to level plug
FEEDER CHAINS. Lubricate three chains, 40 fittings each chain; rotate to locate fittings.
CARD 17 OF 18