16. Operating Details
a. General. Information given in this paragraph will assist the operator with the operation of the roll crusher in
all normal conditions.
b. Operating the Roll Crusher.
(1) Perform the Operator/Crew Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (para 32).
(2) Start the engine (para 14).
(3) Ensure that vibrator screens are of the proper size for the desired grade of aggregate (para 70).
Caution: It is the responsibility of the roll crusher operator to maintain an even distribution of
aggregate through the roll crusher and to avoid overloading, jamming, spillage, or other operating
practice that could result in damage to the roll crusher components or unsatisfactory production.
(4) Operate the roll crusher in the numerical sequence as instructed on figures 31-35.
(5) Engage the clutch as instructed by step 7, figure 29, paragraph 14.
c. Stopping the Roll Crusher.
Note: Except for an emergency shutdown, operate the roll crusher until it is empty before
(1) Push stop buttons on motors that are in operation at operator's control panel (fig. 35).
(2) Move main control switch handle to OFF position (fig. 34).
(3) Stop the engine (para 15).
Figure 31. Feeder relief chute operation.