Figure 2. Roll crusher, right front, three-quarter view.
4. Aggregate Crushing and Screening Plant
The roll crushers shown on figures 1 and 2 may be a component of a crushing and screening plant. The
plant must be set up on firm level ground and as near as possible to the source of material to be and positioned
so the conveyors may expel the processed aggregate to the desired location for stock piling or hauling. Figure 3
illustrates a typical crushing and screening plant layout where the crusher maybe utilized as a component. The
positions of the various components may be changed as required. For example, only the final discharge
conveyor is absolutely necessary for operation; the remaining three components indicated are illustrated only
where the conveyors could be used at the operator's discretion. The power source can be either a generator set
that will meet the requirements or powerline current. The direction of flow of the aggregate processed is also
illustrated on figure 3.
5. Identification and Tabulated Data
a. Identification. The roll crusher has 15 major identification and instruction plates which are applicable to the
(1) Corps of Engineers data plate. Located on the left of the main frame of the trailer, below the vibrating
screen assembly. Provides the National Stock Number, model number, and dimensions.
(2) Engine identification plate. Located on the left side of the engine. Provides the manufacturer, model,
and serial number.
(3) Power takeoff clutch identification and instruction data plate. Located on top of the power takeoff
housing at the rear of the engine. Provides the manufacturer, model, serial number, and operation,
adjustment, and lubrication instructions.
(4) Transportation data plate. Located on the left of the main frame of the trailer, below the vibrating
screen assembly. Provides overall length, width, height, and center of gravity.
(5) Feeder, return (under) conveyor, and rotary elevator motor identification plates. These plates are
identical and are located on the motor housing. Provides manufacturer, model, horsepower, amps
(amperes), volts, and rpm (revolutions per minute).
(6) Secondary trailer identification plate.. Located on the left of the main frame of the trailer. Provides the
manufacturer and serial number.
(7) Dolly identification plate. Located on the front of the dolly frame below the fifth wheel. Provides the
manufacturer, model, and serial number.