62. Ether Starting Aids
(2) Start the engine (TM 5-3820-205-10/1).
(3) Hold a target 12 inches from the nozzle
(1) Remove the ether starting aids and
end, and observe the spray pattern for
bracket from the instrument panel as
deflected spray or a spray pattern that is
(2) Remove the ether starting aid lines from
(4) Inspect the nozzle for dripping or leaking
around the capnut.
b. Cleaning and Inspection. Clean and inspect all
(5) Test the remaining fuel injectors in a
parts. Replace damaged parts.
(6) Stop the engine (TM 5-3820-205-10/1)
(1) Install the ether starting aid lines on the
and replace a defective injector.
Warning: Keep hands away from nozzle spray.
(2) Install the ether starting aids and bracket
The high velocity may puncture the skin and cause
on the instrument panel in reverse of the
Figure 14. Air cleaner indicator, removal and installation.