(3) Tighten locknut and push handle down
(2) Remove clamps from battery terminals;
parallel with clamp.
inspect clamps for loose or corroded
condition. Remove corrosion and coat
77. Battery Box
battery terminals and clamps with grease.
(3) Remove the batteries and cables from the
(1) Remove the batteries and cables (para.
c. Cleaning and Inspection. Clean and inspect the
batteries. Replace as necessary.
(2) Remove the battery box from the unit as
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the battery box as
(1) Install the batteries and cables on the unit
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair. Clean and
(2) Install clamps on battery terminals.
inspect the battery cables and box. Repair or replace
Tighten bushing nut to friction-fit between
any damaged parts.
lug and battery terminal.
Reassemble the battery box
Figure 27. Batteries and cable, removal and installation.