Figure 54. Fifth wheel and dolly assembly, removal and installation.
spect all parts. Replace a defective dolly assembly.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair. Clean and
inspect all parts. Replace or repair parts as necessary.
Reassemble the fifth wheel
(1) Install the dolly assembly on the unit in
(2) Remove the cribbing (TM 53820205-
(1) Install the fifth wheel in reverse of the
Make certain the dolly is properly
attached and secured before towing.
111. Dolly Wheels and Tires
a. Removal. Remove the dolly wheels from the
110. Fifth Wheel
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean studs and nuts with an approved
(2) Remove the fifth wheel as instructed on
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Clean hub, wheel faces, and nut cavities
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the fifth wheel as
of all paint and preservation before
AGO 8157A 80