Figure 54. Tail and black out lights, exploded view.
Section II. DOLLY ASSEMBLY
The dolly assembly consists of a drawbar, lunette, fifth wheel, wheels, and wheel bearing assemblies. The
dolly is used to carry the front end of the trailer frame when the unit is being pulled as a full trailer. The fifth
wheel includes a jaw-latch mechanism for connecting or disconnecting the dolly assembly from the trailer.
113. Dolly Assembly
(1) Crib the jaw crusher (TM 5-3820-205-10/2).
(2) Remove the dolly assembly as illustrated on figure 55.
b. Cleaning and Inspection. Clean and inspect all parts. Replace a defective dolly assembly.
(1) Install the dolly assembly in reverse of instructions on figure 55.
(2) Remove the cribbing (TM 5-3820-205-10/2).
114. Fifth Wheel
(2) Remove the fifth wheel as instructed on figure 55.
b. Disassembly. Disassemble the fifth wheel as illustrated on figure 56.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair. Clean and inspect all parts. Replace or repair all parts if
d. Reassembly. Reassemble the fifth wheel as illustrated on figure 56.