Figure 23. Rocker arm assembly, push rods, and cylinder head assembly.
removal and installation.
(3) Inspect the rocker arm bushings for
76. Rocker Arm Assembly Reassembly
w e a r or damage.
(4) Inspect the brackets for wear or
semble the rocker arm assembly.
( 5 ) Inspect the springs for cracks, breaks,
or loss of tension.
(1) Refer to figure 23, and install the
rocker arm assembly and push rods on
( 6 ) Inspect the adjusting screws for wear
at the contact surface.
(2) Adjust the rocker arms and install the
( 7 ) Inspect all threaded parts for worn or
cylinder head covers (TM 5-3820-
d a m a g e d threads.
( 8 ) Replace or repair all defective parts
(3) Install the engine housing (TM 5-