Se c t ion I I I . RECI PROCAT I N G FEEDER FRAM E
(3) Remove the reciprocating feeder gear
reducer assembly (TM 5-3820-205-
The reciprocating feeder frame supports the
r e c i p r o c a t i n g feeder assembly which controls
(4) Remove the reciprocating feeder, drive
t h e flow of material to the roll crusher. The
motor (TM 5-3820-206-20/l).
a s s e m b l y consists of a feeder grizzly, upper
(5) Remove the feeder jumper reel and
h o p p e r , feeder hopper, and reciprocating feeder
bracket assembly (TM 5-3820-205-
p l a t e . The feeder plate moves back and forth
i n a reciprocating movement actuated by the
crank-arm drive. The flow of material from
(6) Remove the pan feeder and rollers,
the reciprocating feeder to the crusher is con-
trolled by an adjustable gate, and a relief chute
b . Disassembly. Refer to figure 41, and dis-
on the left side.
assemble the reciprocating feeder frame.
126. Reciprocating Feeder Frame Removal
127. Reciprocating Feeder Frame Cleaning,
Inspection, and Repair
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts with an ap
(1) Remove the reciprocating feeder as-
proved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
s e m b l y (par. 30).
b. Inspection and Repair. Inspect the feeder
( 2 ) Remove the feeder hopper assembly
f r a m e for cracks, breaks, bends, and torn or
Figure 41. Reciprocating feeder frame, exploded view.