(2) Replace all defective or leaking expansion
Remove the oil filters and mounting bracket
plugs, core plugs and gaskets.
115. Block Assembly Reassembly and Installation
tube (TM 5-3820-205-2020/2).
Remove the fuel filters and mounting bracket
the engine block assembly in the reverse order.
Remove the oil cooler assembly (TM 5-3820-
Remove the oil pressure sending unit (TM 5-
Install the main bearings and crankshaft
Install the pistons and connecting rods
Remove the overspeed governor and the
Install the injection
(10) Remove the injection pump drive gear
Install the overspeed governor and
(11) Remove the pistons and connecting rods
Install the oil pressure sending unit (TM 5-
Install the oil cooler assembly (TM 5-3820-
b. Disassembly. Refer to figure 35 and disassemble
the block assembly.
Install the fuel filters and mounting bracket
114. Block Assembly Cleaning, Inspection, and
(10) Install the crankcase breather and filler tube
a. Cleaning. Clean the entire block and all parts of
(11) Install the oil filters and mounting bracket
the block assembly in an approved cleaning
solvent. Be sure all drilled holes are clean and
open. Remove all foreign matter from the holes.
(12) Install the engine housing (TM 5-3820-205-
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect all studs and thread mounted parts for
cracks, breaks, or damaged threads. Replace
a damaged part as necessary.
72 AGO 8456A