Section IV. UNDER HOPPER
The under hopper is made up of chutes, diverter box
and gates which divert different size materials to
different conveyors and outlets.
157. Under Hopper Removal and Disassembly
(1) Remove the course chute and diverter box
(2) Refer to figure 46 and remove the under
hopper from the unit.
disassemble the under hopper.
Under Hopper Cleaning, Inspection, and
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
Figure 46. Under hopper, removal and installation.
b. Inspection and Repair.
(1) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks,
warpage, or rusting and repair or replace as
(1) Refer to figure 46 and install the under
hopper on the unit.
(2) Inspect all hardware for damaged threads
(2) Install the course chute and diverter box
and replace as necessary.
159. Under Hopper Reassembly and Installation
the under hopper in the reverse order.