Figure 60. Air chamber assembly, exploded view.
Section II. FRONT AND REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY
b. Inspection and Repair.
The rear axle assembly consists of two axles, two
(1) Inspect the walking beams for cracks,
walking beams, a center axle and the necessary
breaks, or bends, repair or replace as
hardware to complete the rear axle assembly. The front
axle assembly is located under the dolly and fifth wheel
(2) Inspect the axle for bends, wear, or other
assembly. The front axle assembly consists of wheels
damage, replace a bent or defective axle
and axle and supports the front of the crusher.
207. Rear Axle Assembly Removal and Disassembly
(3) Inspect the bushings, clamps, and
a. Removal. Remove the rear axle assembly (par.
clamping ring for excessive wear or
damage. Replace as necessary.
(4) Inspect all mounting hardware for stripped
or damaged threads or other damage,
(1) Remove the air chamber assemblies (TM
replace all damaged parts as necessary.
209. Rear Axle
rear axle assembly.
208. Rear Axle Assembly Cleaning, Inspection, and
rear axle assembly in the reverse order.
a. Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
(3) Install the air chamber assemblies (TM 5-