Section I. SERVICE UPON RECEIPT OF EQUIPMENT
(6) Inspect the air brakes, hoses, tires and electricaI
2-1. Inspection and Servicing Equipment
a. Inspecting New Equipment.
Check tire pressure for 65 psi. Correct and report any
(1) Make a complete visual inspection to make sure
deficiencies noted and report to field maintenance.
the required tools, repair parts, and publications are with
b. Servicing New Equipment.
(1) Perform the necessary daily preventive mainte-
(2) Inspect the jaw crusher unit for missing items or
damage that may have occurred during loading, shipping
(2) When the unit is received with new dry-charge
batteries, and electrolyte is packed separately, perform
(3) Inspect wiring, fuel and oil lines, radiator and
the following services:
hoses, fuel tank, gages and instruments and lights for
(a) Remove the battery box cover and filler caps.
missing items and broken, loose or damaged parts.
(4) Inspect the drain plugs, filler caps and drain cap
cocks to be sure they are secured and not leaking or
Exercise care when filling the
(5) Inspect fire extinguishers for broken seal or
batteries with electrolyte to prevent
damage. Replace if seal is broken or if fire extinguisher
splashing or spilling the acid on
clothing and body.
Figure 2-1. Battery cable connection.