TM 5 3820-233-12/1
Section II. MOVEMENT TO A NEW WORKSITE
2-5. Dismantling for Movement
a. Short Distance.
(1) A short distance move within the quarry will not
necessitate the removal of the feed conveyor, engine or
(2) If unit is moved, the material should be
completely "run-out" of conveyor thru crusher and off
(3) With dolly in place raise stabilizing jacks and
secure to jack travel clip.
(4) Attach dolly to prime mover.
b. Long Distance. Over the road travel as a semi-
trailer requires the removal of the dolly for coupling of the
truck tractor to the jaw crusher plant.
c. Dolly Removal. Dolly removal is required only for
transport by semi-trailer. For distance travel the dolly is
attached to the rear of the plant by pintle and towed to
new location. For travel within the quarry the prime
mover is attached directly to the dolly.
(1) Stabilizing jacks must be left in position for doIly
(2) Close cut out cock on the dolly air brake line.
Failure to cover open hose couplings will allow
sand and grit to enter air brake system and settle
in the relay emergency valve rendering the
Figure 2-4. Air brake cut out cock.
(3) Remove dolly air brake feed hose and install on
Figure 2-5. Air brake hook up, dolly to plant.