(5) Remove and discard gasket.
4-28. Water Pump
The water pump (35, fig. 4-15) is a centrifugal type
(1) Inspect for cracks in housing and body.
pump, mounted on the front end of the blower, driven by
(2) Inspect pump for damage or a blocked
the lower blower shaft.
water pump as follows:
(1) Affix a new gasket to the water pump.
(1) Drain the cooling system.
(2) Loosen hose clamp and remove hose.
(3) Fill the cooling system to proper level.
(3) Remove bolt and remove pump cover.
(4) Remove bolts and remove pump from
Figure 4-16. Water pump, removal and installation.