reducer as follows:
(1) Drain speed reducer.
(3) Remove nuts (3) and bolts from pulley and
remove pulley from shaft.
(4) Disconnect torque arm from adapter plate.
(5) Loosen hub collars and remove collar next to
end of shaft.
(6) Pull speed reducer and hub collar from shaft
In removing speed reducer from shaft end be careful not to
damage ends of hub.
(1) Inspect for cracks, breaks, or damage to
speed reducer housing.
(2) Inspect for broken or missing hardware.
Replace a defective speed reducer.
c. Installation. Refer to figure 4-55 and install speed
reducer in the reverse procedure of removal.
Figure 4-53. Clutch, adjustment.
Figure 4-55. Speed reducer, removal and installation.
Figure 4-54. Clutch idler gear adjustment.
Do not start material through the
primary unit until secondary operator
4-60. Speed Reducer
has indicated that unit is ready to
A speed reducer is located on the delivery conveyor