(3) Remove tension rod nuts and bolt and
4-70. Tension Spring and Rod
remove rod from crusher.
The tension spring together with tension rod and nuts
hold the pitman firmly against the toggle plate,
(1) Inspect tension spring collar for cracks.
maintaining proper seating of the toggle plate.
(2) Inspect spring for breaks or damage.
(3) Inspect tension rod for stripped threads and
tension and spring as follows:
damage. Replace a defective part.
(1) Turn tension rod nut counterclockwise and
tension spring and rod in the reverse procedure of
(2) Remove tension spring collar and slide off
removal. Tighten securely.
Figure 4-64. Tension spring and rod, removal and installation.