Replace if necessary.
4-80. Stabilizing Jacks
(3) Inspect stabilizing rod for cracks or binds. If badly
Stabilizing jacks used on the jaw crusher are required to
bent replace rod.
stabilize the unit in operation. These jacks are set up
(4) Inspect jack swivel for breaks or cracks. Replace
whenever unit is put into operation.
(5) Replace ball bearing if worn.
(6) Check all screws, washers, cotter pins for
damage and replace if necessary.
Do not attempt to remove stabilizing
jacks unless unit is on dolly or
disassemble the jack as follows:
(1) Remove retaining washer (1) and jack swivel (2).
(2) Remove thrust washers (3) and ball bearing (4).
Refer to 4-75 and remove the stabilizing jack.
(3) Remove handle (6) and leveling screw (5).
d. Reassembly and Installation. Reassemble and
(1) Inspect jack screw for cracks or stripped screw
install in reverse order of removal and disassembly.
threads. Replace if necessary.
(2) Check jack base for cracks or stripped thread.