prime mover air brake system.
(9) Air reservoir drain cock and cut out cock on
Removal of the dolly is not required for rail transport.
the crushing unit should be in closed position, and cut
The dolly stabilizes the unit for shipment on a flat car.
out cock on prime mover should be open. Prime mover
The dolly is removed however, when the unit is pulled as
brake system is now opera- Live.
a semi-trailer. The dolly is towed behind the unit by use
(10) Test brakes by making a brake application
of a pintle hook, when crusher unit is pulled as a semi-
and observing that crusher brakes apply and release
a. Dolly Removal.
(1) Leveling jacks must be left in position for
(2) Close cut out cock on the dolly air brake line
(3) Remove the dolly air brake feed hose and
install on dummy couplings located on dolly frame (fig. 2-
allow sand and grit to enter the air brake
system and settle in the relay valve rendering
the system inoperative.
Chock rear wheels before removing dolly to
prevent moving as dolly is removed and
prime mover attached.
(4) Remove service and emergency air brake
hoses from crusher and attach to dummy couplings on
(5) With leveling jacks in place, raise front end of
unit enough to remove weight from dolly.
(6) Release dolly fifth wheel coupler lever, which
releases the fifth wheel from the king pin and pull dolly
away from plant.
(7) Back prime mover into position under crusher
Figure 2-10. Air brake cut out cock.
(8) Remove dummy coupling and connect to