Figure 4-32. Instruments, removal and installation.
4-47 .Power Take-off Clutch Adjustment
a. General. Clutch adjustment should be made
before slippage occurs to insure longer facing life and
better clutch performance. Frequency of adjustment
depends on nature and amount of load. Adjust clutch as
(1) Disengage clutch with hand lever.
(2) Remove inspection hole cover to expose
(3) Rotate clutch until clutch adjusting ring lock is
(4) Raise adjusting ring lock out of splined
groove in hub of outer pressure plate. Holding the clutch
drive shaft from turning, turn clutch adjustment ring
clockwise and tighten until the desired pressure (75 lbs.)
on the outer end of the hand lever is obtained. Reinstall
the adjusting ring lock in groove.
(5) Install inspection hole cover.
b. Service. The clutch throw out bearing should be
lubricated through the grease fitting at the side of the
clutch housing every eight hours.
Figure 4-33. Power takeoff clutch adjustment.