not engage, rotate yoke slightly until pin aligns and locks
and clutch control from the shaft as follows:
(3) Remove yoke from shaft.
(4) Loosen clutch and pull from shaft.
(1) Inspect friction surfaces for oil or grease.
(2) Inspect for excessive wear on friction plate.
order of removal.
(2) Align clutch properly with driving member to
avoid excessive wear.
(3) Lubricate in accordance with current
A new clutch may require
adjustments after operation of a short period (approx.8
(1) Disengage clutch. Pull lock pin out and lock
in out position with a nail or piece of wire.
(2) Turn adjusting yoke clockwise one or two
adjusting holes, until the clutch requires a distinct
pressure to engage.
(3) When proper adjustment is obtained, remove
nail or wire and allow locking pin to fall back into hole in
outer floating plate. If pin does
Figure 4-57. Sand and delivery conveyor clutch, removal
4-59. Clutch Controls
a. General. The clutch controls for the sand and
(5) Remove pin and washer from rod (B).
rock conveyors are located on the operator's walkway.
(6) Remove setscrew from arm.
(7) Lift rod and remove arm.
clutch controls as follows:
(8) Loosen setscrews in collar and capscrews in
(1) Remove screw from handle and lift from lever
yoke and remove shaft.
(2) Loosen set screw in collar.
(1) Inspect for broken or missing hardware.
(3) Remove four capscrews from lever shaft.
(2) Inspect arm for breaks or bends.
(4) Pull lever shaft through bracket.
(3) Inspect shaft and yoke for cracks or damage.
d. Installation. Refer to figure 4-58 and install clutch
in reverse order of removal.