Figure 4-78. Pintle hook, removal, disassembly, reassembly and installation.
4-86. Stabilizing Jacks
a. General. Stabilizing jacks used on the crushing and
stripped screw threads.
screening unit are required to stabilize the unit in operation.
(2) Check jack base (7) for cracks or stripped
These jacks are set up whenever unit is put into operation.
(3) Inspect jack swivel (2) for breaks and cracks.
Do not attempt to remove stabilizing jacks
unless unit is on dolly or cribbing.
(5) Inspect jack handle for excessive bend.
b. Removal and Disassembly.
and remove support rod (3) from jack.
(7) Inspect remaining hardware for any damage.
(2) Remove cotter pin (4) and remove swivel pin (5)
Replace a defective jack or parts.
from support (12).
(3) Remove cotter pin (6), nut (7) and washer and
and reassemble and install the jack in reverse order of
remove rod support (10) from frame.
(4) Remove remaining hardware in numerical