disassembly of the flexastik and jack support, refer to figure
4-81 and remove
in numerical sequence.
The dolly consists of the following subassemblies: axle,
b. Inspection. Inspect the flexastik and jack support for
dolly frame, springs, pull tongue, dual tires, wheels, brakes,
damage and worn parts. Replace a defective part.
fifth wheel, flexastik, jack support and the air brake system.
4-89. Flexastik and Jack Support
and reassemble and install the flexastik and jack support.
a. Removal and Disassembly. For removal and
Figure 4-81. Flexastik and Jack support, removal, disassembly and reassembly.
(3) Inspect walking beam (8) for wear.
4-89. Fifth Wheel
(4) Inspect base plate (39) for cracks.
(5) Inspect all hardware for damage or missing
remove and disassemble the fifth wheel in numerical
parts. Replace all defective parts.
and reassemble and install the fifth wheel in reverse order
(1) Inspect the fifth wheel (38, fig. 4-82) for cracks or
(2) Inspect coupler jaws (36 and 37) for wear.