4-90. Pull Tongue, Safety Chain and Mud Flap
(1) Inspect wheel rim (2, fig. 4-83) for cracks, breaks
or other damage.
tongue (41) from dolly frame.
(3) Inspect bearings (15 and 18) for wear.
(2) Remove pin from coupling link (43) and remove
(4) Inspect brake drum (12) for scoring.
safety chain from dolly frame.
(5) Inspect brake assembly (24) for excessive wear.
(3) Remove nut (45), bolt (46), plate (47) and
Replace a defective part or worn brake assembly.
remove the mud flap (48).
and reassemble and install the brake assembly, tire and
(1) Inspect the pull tongue for stripped threads.
wheel in reverse order of removal.
(2) Inspect safety chain for kinks or breaks. Inspect
4-92. Dolly Air Brake System
safety chain hook for damage.
remove and disassemble dolly air brake system
c. Installation. Refer to figure 4-82 and install the pull
components in numerical sequence.
tongue, safety chain and mud flap in the reverse order of
(1) Inspect hose coupling (1, fig. 4-84) for damage.
(2) Inspect tubing (9) for cracks and dents.
4-91. Dolly Wheel, Tire and Brake Assembly
(3) Inspect hose (13) and fittings for damage.
a. General. The dolly must be blocked up with support
(4) Inspect valve (16) for damage. Replace all
stands under jack point before removing the wheel
assembly. Both the dolly and the rear axle of the secondary
unit have the same wheel, tire and brake assembly
and reassemble and install dolly air brake system
arrangement, and can be removed in the same manner.
components in reverse order of removal.
and remove and disassemble the wheel, tire, and brake