(4) Install hoods, side panels, and tie
erates the exhaust valves and injectors, and
rods (Operator's Manual).
the balance shaft counterbalances the rotation
(5) Install the muffler and air cleaner
of the weighted camshaft.
50. Camshaft ond Balance Shaft
(2) Remove the air cleaner and muffler
a. General. The camshaft and balance shaft
(3) Remove the hoods, side panels, and
are located near the top of the cylinder block.
tie rods (Operator's Manual).
The camshaft is located on the right side of
the cylinder block, and the balance shaft is
(4) Drain the cooling system.
located on the left side. The camshaft op-
(5) Remove the radiator (para 32).