e. Countershaft Bearing Reassembly. Reas-
(2) Fill cavity between the oil seals and
semble both countershaft bearing assemblies
housing bores with chassis grease to prevent
(3) Fill speed reducer with lubricant
f. Speed Reducer Reassembly
g. Reassembly and Installation
(1) Reassemble speed reducer in the re-
(1) Reassemble the conveyor drive com-
verse of the numerical sequence as illustrated
ponents (11 through 29) to countershaft sup-
for installing gear and bearings.
(2) Install countershaft support com-
(a) Heat gear (37) in oil to 325F--
plete with pulleys, bearing assemblies, and
350F, and install gear onto hub (40).
countershaft attached, to the truck frame. Se-
(b) Heat bearings (36) in oil to 270F
--290F, and install bearings onto hub (40).
bevel washers (9), and capscrews (10).
Caution: Any injury to the hub sur-
(3) Install drive belt (6).
faces where oil seals (34 and 46) rub will
(4) Reassemble bushing (3), pulley (4),
cause leakage, and a new hub will have to
and key (5) to speed reducer.
(5) Install speed reducer to conveyor
head pulley shaft (para 27).
Note. When pressing bearings (41 and 42)
(6) Adjust for proper V-belt tension
onto shaft (45), press against the inner race, and the
outer race, of the bearings.