of 1.18 inch. If the spring fails to meet this specification,
(1) Drain the cooling system (Operator's
replace the valve retaining spring.
e. Reassembly. Reassemble the fuel pump in the
(2) Remove the oil lines (Operator's Manual).
reverse of the numerical sequence as illustrated on
(3) Remove the fuel filter lines (Operator's
(4) Remove the fuel pump (Operator's
Note. Install fuel pump drive gear
over the end of the drive shaft which
(5) Remove the water pump (Operator's
is not squared to prevent scoring the
square end of the shaft.
Note. Apply only a thin coat of
approved sealant on the face of the
(7) Remove the air inlet housing blower, and
pump cover outside of the gear
blower drive assembly in the numerical sequence as
Too much sealant
could increase the clearances and
affect pump efficiency. Do not apply
(1) Disassemble the air inlet housing in the
sealant into the gear pocket, or
damage to the gears and shafts will
(2) Disassemble the blower and blower drive
assembly in the numerical sequence as illustrated on
f. Installation. Refer to the Operator's Manual.
d. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all of the blower parts with an
Blower and Blower Drive Assembly
approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
a. General. The blower supplies the fresh air
(2) Inspect bearings for corrosion or pitting.
from the cylinders. The blower spiral rotors provide
continuous and uniform air flow.