Do not allow the clutch assembly to
tip or turn when being removed.
This could damage the clutch pilot
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the power takeoff
assembly in the numerical sequence as illustrated on
d. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect the ball and roller bearing for
pitting, corrosion, and rough spots. Replace a defective
assembly, removal and installation.
overheating, or scoring. Inspect clutch facing teeth for
wear or damage. Replace a defective clutch facing.
(4) Inspect clutch pressure plates for flatness,
cracks, signs of overheating or damage. Replace a
defective pressure plate.
and connecting rod assemblies.
(5) Inspect all parts for excessive wear or
damage. Replace defective parts as necessary.
(1) Reassemble the power takeoff assembly
in the reverse of the numerical sequence as illustrated
(5) Ref. to the Operator's Manual and install
the hoods, side panels, and tie rods.
(2) After the clutch has been assembled keep
(6) Refer to the Operator's Manual and install
it engaged until the power takeoff is assembled to the
the muffler and air cleaner.
(3) Refer to para 4 for torque data.
(8) Refill with engine oil (Operator's Manual).
47. Power Takeoff Assembly
(2) Install pulley to the drive shaft.
a. General. The power takeoff is used to engage
and disengage the engine power to the plant. The
(3) Refer to the Operator's Manual and install
power takeoff clutch is a 14 inch, three piece single
the hoods, side panels, and tile rods.
plate, dry disc type.
(4) Refer to the Operator's Manual and install
(1) Remove the power unit from the plant
48. Flywheel and Flywheel Housing
(2) Remove the air cleaner and muffler
(3) Remove the hoods, side panels, and tie
The engine flywheel housing is
rods (Operator's Manual).
mounted on the cylinder block rear end plate and serves
as the housing for the flywheel and gear train. The
(4) Remove pulley from the drive shaft.
flywheel is bolted and doweled securely to the end of the
crankshaft. A steel ring gear is shrunk fit onto the rim