Figure 40-13. Drive shaft and driven shaft.
Figure 40-14. Inner rotating seal, drive end, removal
Section VII. SCREEN DRIVE COUNTERSHAFT
(2) Inspect bearings for scoring, pitting, wear or
The screen drive countershaft drives the screen vibrating
other damage. Replace a defective bearing.
unit and is belt driven by the screen and side conveyor
(3) Inspect countershaft for a worn or bent
condition. Replace a defective countershaft.
(4) Inspect for cracks, breaks, or other
70. Screen Drive Countershaft
damage. Repair or replace defective parts as necessary.
a. Removal. Remove the screen drive countershaft
e. Countershaft Bearing Reassembly.
disassemble the screen drive countershaft.
c. Countershaft Bearing Disassembly.
reassemble the screen drive countershaft assembly.
g. Installation. Install the screen drive countershaft
d. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair
(1) Clean all parts with an approved clean ing solvent and