SLIDE SPRING SHEAR PLATE
TURN SPRING ADJUSTING BOLT
FORWARD UNTIL IT CAN BE RE-
CLOCKWISE UNTIL THE SPRING
MOVED FROM THE CRUSHER.
ADJUSTING BOLT NUT IS CLEAR
REMOVE THE SPRING ADJUSTING
OF THE SPRING SHEAR PLATE.
REMOVE THE SPLIT SPRING
REMOVE THE TAPERED PIN AND
HEX NUT FROM THE SPRING
SLIDE SPRING SHEAR PLATE TO-
ADJUSTING BOLT. REMOVE THE
WARDS THE ADJUSTING BLOCK,
SPRING ADJUSTING BOLT.
THEN REMOVE TENSION ROLL
Figure 42-3 (1). Tension roll spring and shear
washer, disassembly and reassembly.
(226) and oil seal (227).
(3) Remove locking wire (228), capscrews
(229), countershaft cap (230) and bearing spacer (231).
(4) Remove the bearing lock nut (232) and
(5) Position bearing lock nut (232) back onto
the shaft until the face of the nut is approximately 1/8
inch away from the inner race of the bearing (234).
(6) With a bar and hammer, drive laterally on
face of lock nut, rotating the point of contact, until the
bearing sleeve (238) breaks loose from the bearing and
(7) Remove the lock nut.
(8) Identify the bearing adapters (237 and
Figure 42-4. Finger gear removal.
251) as to which side of the countershaft