Figure 42-5. Movable and stationary roll shaft and
bearing assembly, removal and installation.
housing they are located (i.e.-pinion side, flywheel side).
Remove locking wire (235), capscrews (236), and
Figure 42-6. Anchor wedge, removal and
bearing adapter (237).
j. Cleaning, Inspection. and Repair.
adapters (237 and 251) note the
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
location of the match mark on the
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
outer surface of the bearing adapter
(2) Perform a magnetic inspection of all
in relation to the hole in the
gears and shafts. Inspect gear teeth for wear, pitting,
countershaft housing (fig. 429).
chipping, nicks, cracks, or scoring. Replace defective
(240) and oil seal (241) from flywheel side of crusher.
(3) Inspect all shafts for wear or bent
(10) Remove locking wire (242), capscrews
conditions. Replace a defective shaft. If a new shaft is
(243), and countershaft cap (244).
to be press fit into a spider, the spider bores must be
(11) Remove the countershaft from the
welded and rebored to ensure a proper fit.
flywheel side of crusher.
(4) Inspect all bearings, bearing cones, and
bearing cups for wear, chipping, or nicks. Replace a
DO NOT attempt to remove the
countershaft from the pinion gear
side of crusher.
Do not replace a bearing cone or cup
(12) Remove bearing sleeve (238) and bearing
individually without replacing the
spacer (239) from countershaft (252).
mating cup or cone.
(13) Remove lock nut (245), lockwasher (246),
(5) Inspect bearing adapter bores. If the
bearing (247), and bearing sleeve (248) from
bores are 0.003 inch oversize in diameter, the bearing
adapters must be replaced.
(14) Insert a suitable pusher tool into flywheel
(6) Inspect housing, bearing blocks, and
end of countershaft housing and drive bearing (234)
bearing caps to see that mating surfaces, bearing bores,
etc., are free from nicks or burrs. Inspect for cracks or
(15) Remove locking wire (249), capscrews
breaks. Repair or replace defective parts.
(250), and bearing adapter (251).
(16) Remove level plug (253) and fill plug
(254) from countershaft housing.