Figure 42-9. Bearing adapter-& countershaft hous-
(4) Tap the roll shell with a hammer at
various points to seat it firmly on the spider.
(5) Assemble the segment wedges as shown
opposite end holes in spider.
Figure 42-8. Shaft and spider assembly.
(6) Install the wedge studs through the holes
in segment wedges and spider. Install stop nuts onto
(1) If the shaft was removed from the spider,
the threads of the studs just far enough to hold the roll
press shaft into spider in the direction shown on figure
shell in position.
a press with
of 30-60 tons.
(7) Position the roll shell assembly as shown
(2) Support the shaft and spider assembly on
on figure 42-6 and tighten the stop nuts evenly. flap the
roll shell and segment wedges with a hammer to seat all
(3) Using the specially designed tool shown
parts and obtain maximum tightness.
(8) Install anchor wedges shown on figure
assembly. Be sure to align the square slots in the roll
42-6. Weld anchor wedges
to the spider.
shells shown on