(8) Reassemble the outer gear case housing
and associated parts (123 through 136) of finger gear
q. Hopper Reassembly.
hopper assembly (57 through 101) in the reverse of the
r. Pinion Gear and Spur Gear Reassembly.
(1) Remove capscrews (236) from bearing
(2) Reassemble parts 40 through 56 as
(3) Install capscrews (236) and lock wire
(4) Using a suitable lifting device, install spur
gear (39) to shaft.
Figure 42-16. Adapter adjustment.
(5) Line up keyways and drive key (38) in
(c) Reassemble and tighten capscrews
(6) Install washer (37) and castle nut (36).
(236 and 250) to bearing adapters (237 and 251).
Tighten castle nut with socket wrench
Secure capscrews (250) and lock wire (249). Do not
(special Tool-45500-752-12) used and shown on figure
install lock wire (235) until pinion gear and spur gear are
42-2 for spur gear removal. Drive laterally
permanently installed (Pinion Gear and Spur Gear
while tightening nut.
(20) Remove the pinion gear and spur gear.
When tightening castle nut on shaft,
p. Finger Gear Reassembly
brace the opposite end of shaft to
(1) Reassemble parts 151 through 171 in the
reverse of the numerical sequence as illustrated on
(8) Aline hole in castle nut with hole in shaft,
and install bolt (33), washer (35), and nut (34). When
(2) Using a suitable lifting device, install
aligning hole in castle nut with hole in shaft, never back-
finger gear (143) to shaft.
up the nut, always turn nut clockwise to the next
(3) Line up the keyway, and drive key (142)
(9) Install pinion gear (32) on countershaft.
Line up the keyways and drive the keys (31) in place.
(4) Install washer (141) and castle nut (140).
(10) Install washer (30) and castle nut (29).
(5) Tighten castle nut (140) using the same
socket wrench (Special Tool-45500-752-12) that was
(11) Tighten castle nut as shown on figure 42-
used and shown on figure 424 for finger gear removal.
17, driving laterally on wrench while tightening.
Drive laterally on socket wrench while tightening nut.
Brace opposite end of countershaft
tightening nut on shaft,
to prevent brinelling the roller
laterally brace the opposite end of
shaft to prevent brinelling the roller
(12) Aline holes in castle nut (29) with holes in
countershaft. Always turn castle nut clockwise, never
counterclockwise, to aline holes. Install bolt (27) and
(139), washer (138), and nut (137) in end of shaft.
Never back up nut to align hole in shaft with hole in
castle nut; always turn nut to the next opening.
(7) Reassemble the remaining finger gear in
the same manner as discussed in steps 2 through 6