(6) Inspect hopper extensions and liners for
wear and damage. Repair or replace defective parts as
(7) Inspect all parts for damage, and replace
e. Trough Roll Reassembly.
trough roll assembly in the reverse of the numerical
f. Head and Tail Pulley Bearing Reassembly.
assembly. Refer to the Operator's Manual for bearing
g. Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Reassemble and install the undercrusher
in the reverse of the numerical sequence as illustrated
(2) Install the conveyor belt (Operator's
Figure 43-2. Head and tail pulley bearing exploded
Section X. UNDERCRUSHER CONVEYOR AND ELEVATING WHEEL DRIVE
(1) Drain lubricant from speed reducer.
The undercrusher conveyor and elevating wheel drive
(2) Disassemble the speed reducer in the
consists of four major components; a speed reducer,
numerical sequence as illustrated on figure 442.
gear box, countershaft, and universal joint. The pulley
located on the input shaft of the speed reducer is belt
Disassemble the countershaft bearing assembly as
driven from the flywheel. The countershaft is connected
to the output shaft of the speed reducer and input or
d. Gear Box Disassembly.
drive shaft of the right angle gear box. The universal
joint is connected to the output or driven shaft of the
(1) Drain lubricant from gear box.
gear box and the elevating wheel drive shaft.
(2) Disassemble the gear box in
The head pulley of the undercrusher conveyor is chain
driven from a sprocket mounted on the countershaft.
e. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
Undercrusher Conveyor and Elevating Wheel
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
a. Removal and Disassembly.
disassemble the undercrusher conveyor and elevating
(2) Perform a magnetic inspection of the
wheel drive in the numerical sequence as illustrated on
gears and shafts. Inspect gear teeth for wear, pitting,
chipping, nicks, cracks, or sing. Replace defective
b. Speed Reducer Disassembly.