CENTER JOINT INSTALLATION:
1. Reverse removal procedure.
2. When installing center bearing and front
drive shaft assembly, make sure that the splined
yoke end is in direct alignment with the front yoke
end before installing retaining nut.
3. When installing top vertical pin, torque the
retaining nut to approximately 800 ft-lbs (110 m-kg)
before aligning retaining hole and installing cotter
Frame separation is made by completing steps
1 thru 15, from the CENTER JOINT REMOVAL.
Center Joint Horizontal Pin
CENTER JOINT REPAIR:
1. With the center joint assembly removed from
the front frame, remove the top bearing retainer
flange mounting bolts and retainer flange. Remove
the two horizontal pin bearing circlips.
2. With retainers removed, the bearings can
now be pressed out for replacement.
3. When replacing the bearings, it must be
noted that only the two vertical bearings are the
sealed type. Care must be taken that these are not
installed as horizontal bearings.
4. Check all pins for signs of wear and clean
pin bosses on front and rear frames.
5. Check and clean all grease hoses and
6. If bearings are replaced, check bearing
grease channel alignment by greasing the assembly
before it is installed in the frame.
Center Joint Grease Hoses