Water Pump-Fan Drive (Fig. A), and Air Compressor
1. Loosen the four bolts holding the adjustment plate.
1. Loosen the adjusting bolt and pivot bolt on the
2. Loosen the adjustment bolt locknut.
3. Turn the adjustment bolt to obtain correct bolt ad-
2. Move the idler outward until the belt is properly ad-
justed. Tighten the adjustment bolt.
4. Tighten the four bolts holding the adjustment plate.
3. Check the adjustment.
5. Tighten the adjustment bolt locknut.
4. Tighten the pivot bolt.
SAFETY SHUT-OFF CONTROLS
authorized personnel should perform the checks.
The shut-off controls must be checked to Insure proper
Contact your Caterpillar dealer,
functioning if and when needed. To prevent damage
to your engine while making the required test, only