TESTING AND ADJUSTMENT
7. Put the 8S7271 Screw (16) in hole (17) over
calibration pin (7). Tighten the screw just enough to
hold the calibration pin against the top of the injection,
8. Remove bolt (18), for idle adjustment.
CALIBRATION PUMP INSTALLED CORRECTLY
1. 3P1540 Calibration Pump. 11. Flat on plunger. 12.
Lever. 13. Tang on lever. 14. Groove of plunger.
5. Put the 3P1546 calibration pin (7), with 15.9410 on it,
REMOVAL OF BOLT
in the calibration hole (15).
8. Bolt for low idle adjustment
9. Move lever to HIGH IDLE. Put a longer bolt (20)
through the hole for bolt (18). Bolt (20) must be long
enough to hold lever (19) in HIGH IDLE position.
INSTALLING CALIBRATION PIN
7.3P1546 Calibration Pin. 15. Calibration hole.
6. Put the 2P8331 Cover over the calibration pin. (Do
not put a gasket under 2P8331 Cover). Use two
LEVER IN HIGH IDLE POSITION
1D4533 bolts, two 4B4276 Washers and a 1D4538
19. Idle adjustment lever. 20. Bolt.
bolt to hold 2P8331 Cover on the injection pump
10. Put dial indicator (4) on microgage (3) and make an
adjustment so dial is on zero. Lock the indicator on
zero with lockscrew (21). Check the adjustment again
and make sure the pointer on dial indicator is set
correct and not one revolution off.
11. With lever (19) held in HIGH IDLE position, put dial
indicator (4) on calibration pump and hold it tightly in
place. Look at the dimension on the dial indicator. If
the dimension is 0 ± 0.005 mm, lever (12) is
calibrated correctly for that pump. If the dimension is
not correct, check again by doing Steps 10 and 11
INSTALLING 8S7271 SCREW
16. 8S7271 Screw. 17. Hole for 8S7271 Screw.