TESTING AND ADJUSTMENT
18. Remove the flyweight assembly (21) from the
Install Dashpot Governor
1. Put the new longer shaft (22) in flyweight assembly
(21). The new longer shaft is 5.031 in. (127.80 mm)
INSTALLING FLYWEIGHT ASSEMBLY
21. Flyweight assembly. 22. Shaft.
2. Put flyweight assembly (21) in position on the
D. 5P301 Driver.
NOTE: Be sure the dowel that holds shaft (22) is in
7. Install lever (18) on dowel (16) and install the ring that
position on the back of the flyweight assembly.
holds the lever on the dowel.
3. Install the bolts (20) that hold flyweight assembly (21)
to the camshaft. Tighten bolts (20) to 10 ± 2 lb. ft. (1.4
NOTE: Stake shield (19) in two places, 180 degrees
± 0.3 mkg).
apart, around the cover in alignment with the groove in
FLYWEIGHT ASSEMBLY INSTALLED
20. Bolts (three). 21. Flyweight assembly. 22. Shaft.
4. Remove timing pin (C).
16. Dowel. 18. Lever.
5. Put shield (19) in position over the flyweights.
8. Install pin (14) in the pump housing.
6. Use driver (D) to install shield (19) the remainder of
the way on to the camshaft.