3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
AIR INLET MANIFOLD
REMOVE AIR INLET MANIFOLD (MARINE
a) remove air cleaner
b) remove fuel injection lines
1. Remove the bolts (1) that hold the manifold to
the cylinder heads. Disconnect hose (3) from
2. Remove air inlet manifold (2).
3. Put tape over the openings in the cylinder heads
to prevent dirt or foreign material from getting
into the engine.
INSTALL AIR INLET MANIFOLD (MARINE
1. Remove the tape from the openings in the
2. Inspect the gaskets for the air inlet manifold.
Install new gaskets if necessary.
3. Put the air inlet manifold in position on the
engine and install the bolts that hold the
manifold in place.
4. Tighten the bolts for the manifold as follows:
a) Tighten bolts (3) and (4) to a torque of 15 ±
5 lb.ft. (2.1 ± 0.7 mkg).
b) Tighten bolts 1 through 8 in number
sequence to a torque of 32 ± 5 lb.ft. (4.4 ±
5. Connect the hose from the crankcase ventilator
valve to the inlet manifold.
a) install fuel injection lines