3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
LINES (INDUSTRIAL ENGINE) 10-1262
1. Thoroughly clean the area around each fuel line
connection before removing any fuel lines.
2. Disconnect fuel lines (1) at the fuel injection
pumps and at the cylinder heads. Disconnect
fuel lines at block (2) and at the fuel filter base
(3). Remove the two bolts (4) from the inlet
manifold that hold the fuel lines. Remove fuel
3. Put caps on all openings and plugs in all fuel
lines to prevent dirt or foreign material from
getting into the fuel system.
4. Remove the plugs and caps and install the fuel
lines in their respective positions. Tighten fuel
line nuts to a torque of 30 ± 5 Ib.ft. (4.1 ± 0.7
REMOVE AIR INLET MANIFOLD
a) remove air cleaner
b) remove fuel injection lines
1. Remove the six bolts (1) that hold the inlet
manifold (4) to the cylinder heads.
2. Loosen clamp (3) and push crankcase ventilator
valve hose (2) away from inlet manifold.
Remove inlet manifold (4).
3. Put tape over the openings in the cylinder heads
to prevent dirt or foreign material from getting