3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
5. Install tooling (B) into the camshaft drive gear
for the fuel injection pump. Turn both bolts (6)
evenly until the drive gear is free of the shaft.
Remove tooling (B).
6. Remove the plug from the timing hole in the
front cover and install a 5/16"-18 NC bolt (7) 2
1/2 in. long. The cover bolt from hole (8) can be
used. Turn the crankshaft (clockwise) until bolt
(7) can be installed into the timing gear and is in
the center of the timing hole. The camshaft for
the fuel injection pump is now in correct time to
7. Remove lines (10). Remove bolts (9) from base
of fuel injection pump housing.
8. Remove the fuel injection pump housing and