3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
AND GOVERNOR (MARINE ENGINE)
1. Put the fuel injection pump housing and
governor in position on the engine. Install the
bolts and lines.
2. Install the tachometer drive shaft and tighten it
to a torque of 80 ± 5 lb. ft. (11.1 ± 0.7 mkg).
Illustration A23394X1 shows earlier
a torque of 80 ± 5 lb. ft. (11.5 ± 0.7 mkg).
Illustration A23857X1 shows a later tachometer
drive shaft. When the engine is equipped with
this type of drive shaft, tighten it to a torque of
110 ± 10 lb. ft. (15.2 ± 1.4 mkg).
3. To check the timing, remove the timing pin and
the bolt. Turn the crankshaft (clockwise) two
revolutions and install the timing pin and bolt
back in place. If the timing pin or bolt can not
be installed, the fuel injection pump camshaft
EARLIER TACHOMETER DRIVE SHAFT
must be put in time again before doing Step 4.
4. Remove the bolt from the timing gear. Install
the plug into the timing hole.
5. Remove the timing pin from the timing groove
(slot) in the fuel injection pump camshaft.
a) install air inlet manifold
LATER TACHOMETER DRIVE SHAFT
b) install fuel injection lines