3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
CAUTION: Before any service work is to be done
on this fuel system, the outer surface of the injec-
tion pump housing must be clean.
NOTE: The fuel injection pump housing and gov-
ernor has been removed from the engine for illus-
1. Remove the flange (1) and the flange assem-
bly from the cover.
2. Remove the cover (2) from the pump housing.
3. Remove the bypass valve (3) and springs
from the pump housing.
4. Install tooling (A) on the fuel injection
pump and loosen the bushing from the
NOTE: Do not loosen the screws (4) that hold the
levers to the shaft when removing or installing
pumps. If the levers are moved, fuel pump. cali-
bration will be changed.
5. Remove the fuel injection pump (5) from
the pump housing. The sleeve (6) on the
plunger will slide off the lever as the pump
6. Do Steps 4 and 5 for the remainder of the