3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
REMOVE VALVE COVERS
1. Disconnect hose frown crankcase ventilator
valve. Remove bolts (2) and valve cover (1).
(This operation for right side only).
2. Remove bolts (2) and valve cover (1).
operation for left side only).
INSTALL VALVE COVERS
1. Inspect gasket for the valve cover. Install a new
gasket if needed.
2. Put the valve cover in position on the cylinder
3. Install the bolts that hold the valve cover in
place. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 120 + 24
lb. in. (138.4 + 27.7 cm. kg.)
4. Connect the hose to the crankcase ventilator
(right side only).
REMOVE FUEL RETURN
a) remove valve covers
1. Disconnect boot (1). Remove bolts (2), locks,
clamps (3) and fuel return manifold (4).
INSTALL FUEL RETURN
1. Install connector (3) and boots (4) on the
2. Put manifold (2) in position on the engine.
Connect the boots to the injection nozzles and
the connector to line (1).
3. Install the clamps, locks and bolts. Tighten the
bolts to a torque of 18 ± 5 lb.ft. (2.5 ± 0.7 mkg).
a) install valve cover.