3208 INDUSTRIAL AND MARINE ENGINES
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
a) remove cylinder heads
b) remove oil pan
1. Remove the ring of carbon from the top inner
surface of the cylinders with tool (A).
2. Turn the crankshaft until two pistons are at
3. Remove connecting rod caps (1) from the two
CAUTION: Do not let the connecting rods hit the
bottom edge of the cylinder bores or the crankshaft
during removal and installation of the pistons.
4. Push the piston and connecting rod away from
the crankshaft until the piston rings are above
the cylinder block.
5. Remove the two pistons (2) and the connecting
rods. Keep each connecting rod cap with its
respective connecting rod and piston.
identification on each connecting rod as to its
location for use at installation.
6. Do Steps 3 through 6 for the remainder of the