10. Remove front and rear steering cylinder
pins and move both steering cylinders against the side
of the frame.
11. Disconnect and cap the transmission cooler
hoses at the transmission swivel fittings.
Reverse procedure for installation. Care
must be taken when coupling the engine to the
Transmission Oil Cooler Connections
transmission, not to damage the fibre ring gear on
12. Disconnect and cap hydraulic brake line at
If installing a new ring gear on the engine
flywheel, check to see that it fits on the converter drive
13. Drain the transmission fluid and remove
ring before mounting.
Mount the fibre ring gear on engine
14. Install a suitable lifting device on the engine
flywheel, install bolts and torque evenly to 21 ft-lbs (3 m-
and transmission and support the weight.
15. Remove front and rear mounting bolts and
lift engine-transmission assembly. When assembly has
been lifted, it must be moved approximately 3" (8 cm)
toward the rear of the frame to allow rear mounting
brackets to clear frame when it is lifted out.
16. After removing assembly from the frame, it
must be positioned on a stand. The transmission can be
separated from the engine by removing the right and left
side mount plates and bolts securing the transmission to
the engine flywheel housing.
Caution: When engine and transmission are being
separated, both units must be supported securely.