If the transmission mounted hydraulic brake does not
function properly a number of points can be checked to
determine the malfunction.
1. Is the master cylinder full of the proper fluid? (See
section on types of fluid used with the transmission
mounted hydraulic brake.)
2. Is the brake adjusted properly? (See below for proper
3. When used as a parking brake is the linkage between
the hand brake lever and the brake arm on the side
Position a new O-Ring as shown on the brake disc housing.
of the brake housing adjusted properly, if so, again is
the brake adjusted properly? (See below).
NOTE: Before installing the brake end cover, loosen the
brake adjusting screw jam nut and turn adjusting screw out
two or three turns.
1. Loosen brake adjusting screw jam nut.
2. Disconnect linkage from brake lever arm to parking
brake. (Brake lever arm end only.)
3. Apply pressure by turning brake arm until springs
and clutch brake plate clearance Is removed and
brake assembly is locked up.
4. Turn brake adjusting screw until tight against brake
6. Back screw out 1 to 1½ turns or .062 to .093
clearance [1,6-2,4 mm].
A guide pin located at the two top corners will assist in
6. Hold adjusting screw from turning and tighten jam
aligning the heavy end plate and brake valve and end
cover on the disc housing. Install cover to disc housing
bolts and tighten evenly being certain splines on the outer
7. Connect parking brake linkage to brake lever arm.
diameter of the end plate are aligned with the splines in the
Remove guide pins, install upper corner bolts, tighten all
brake valve and end cover bolts 37 to 41 ft.-lbs. torque