7. Remove planet carrier from hub assembly.
12. Tighten wrench guide screws lightly against shim stock
and remove outside spindle nut and lock ring.
Removing Planetary Carrier
13. Check rolling torque of hub assembly by attaching
torque wrench adapter bar across face of hub assembly
8. Remove sun gear retaining ring and pull off sun
and attach torque wrench to center of bar.
14. Attach a 50 ft-lb (7 m-kg) torque wrench and check
9. Remove sun gear thrust ring from spindle end.
rolling resistance of wheel hub. Rolling resistance when
using new bearing should be 15 to 20 ft-lbs (2,0 to 2,8 m-
10. Straighten tangs on outer lock nut.
12 ft-lbs (0,8 t 1, 7 m-kg).
11. Wrap shim stock around end of axle shaft to
protect shaft splines and install special wrench (PN
954940) on outside spindle nut.