32. Match mark parking brake drum to companion
35. Spread brake shoes and remove assembled brake
flange (Fig. 33). This will assure proper balance of
shoes and upper parking brake return spring (Fig.
parts when reassembled.
36. Remove brake operating cam lever and roller from
33. Position assembled parking brake drum and
brake backing plate (Fig. 37).
companion flange on press and apply light press
pressure to retain parts while removing nuts;
score parking brake drum by clamping tightly in
backing plate to differential and carrier assembly
(Fig. 38). Temporarily reinstall companion flange on
34. Remove lower parking brake spring with brake
pinion shaft to facilitate removal of differential and
spring pliers (Fig. 35).